Celium Recruitment are looking for an Electrical QS for a steadily growing Northwest electrical contractor that delivers contracts within the commercial, industrial and residential sector throughout the Northwest of England.
We have a committed team of project managers, supervisors, electricians, and apprentices who are delivering high quality small & large electrical projects throughout the UK.
About the role
We are looking for a Lead Electrical Tester. The successful candidate will be registered as a NICEIC QS. This person will be responsible for the safety, technical standard, and quality of installations of our electrical team, in line with the requirements of the NICEIC. The role is predominantly site based for testing purposes, but office work will be required to document certificates.
• Lead Electrical tester within the business.
• To work individually or as part of a team undertaking high quality Electrical Repairs Testing and/or Installation works
• Supervise, coordinate, and schedule the activities of the electrical testing team.
• Ensure all electrical work complies with safety regulations and standard operating procedures
• Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
• Conduct regular inspections to identify defects, potential problems, and safety hazards
Ensuring that the results of inspection and testing are recorded correctly on the appropriate certificates or reports
• Ensuring that the business' premises, equipment, documentation, and records are available for inspection when required by NICEIC
• Mentoring of our field-based electricians to ensure they have the skills, knowledge, and equipment to fulfil their tasks to the required standard
• Be the electrical Subject Matter Expert within the business
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
• Understand the Electricity at Work Regulations, current edition of BS 7671, and the Codes of Practice and guidance documents relevant to the range of electrical work undertaken. • Dealing with a wide range of people including Surveyors, Contracts Managers, and customers.
• City & Guilds 2382 - B.S. 7671 IEE Wiring regulations (18th Edition)
• Level 3 award in the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installation (or equivalent)
• At least 5 years previous experience in a similar role
Experienced in the mentoring and training of electrical engineers
• Strong leadership and team management skills
• NICEIC compliance knowledge and accreditation
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Full clean driving licence.
Preferable but not compulsory:
• IPAF Certification - Types 1b, 3a & 3b
Experience as a NICEIC QS
Salary and benefits
• Salary is competitive & negotiable at an interview depending on experience.
• Permanent position
Company benefits, including Pension Scheme and Bonus Scheme
28-day holiday allowance
• Company uniform & laptop
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £42,000.00 - £47,000.00 per year
• Monday to Friday
• Weekend availability
• Supervising: 2 years (preferred) • electrical: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: Between Site & Office
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Manchester, Greater Manchester: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
This is a great opportunity to join a young forward thinking company and be part of a team that is really going places.
Please contact Rob Hustwitt for more info -
0161 416 6123
If the details have been removed please google Rob @ Celium